Senior Contract Associate Specialist
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Over a decade ago, the Development Sciences Contracts (DSC) team was founded, comprised of experienced contract strategists in contract life cycle management. DSCs ethos is enabling science to help patients, while doing what is right for our organization.
DSC is seeking a talented and detail-oriented contract negotiator to join its all-star team. This stakeholder-facing, independent and collaborative negotiator will support DSCs portfolio of agreements in furtherance of our pipeline. Working directly with internal and external business and legal personnel, this individual will draft, negotiate, and execute contracts while ensuring the best position on behalf of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience and a track record of success in:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide scope of contracts from initiation to closeout;
- Developing and implementing contract risk mitigation strategies;
- Working with stakeholders and different departments which may include business development, procurement, finance, legal and compliance;
- Solid interpersonal, listening, and communicative skills to ensure consistent transparency among all stakeholders and business teams;
- A United States law degree (J.D.);
- 8 + years of contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Draft, negotiate, and execute a variety of different type of agreements, including but not limited to, service, software, collaboration, and consortium agreements;
- Support day-to-day business operations while engaging in teamwork with DSC and different departments;
- Work closely with DSC, stakeholders, and different departments to identify, incorporate, and initiate process improvements based on evolving contract and project demands;
- Analyze complex contract positions that deviate from companys general business standard and balance risk tolerance of such positions while maintaining companys business standards;
- Independently exercise business judgment and strategize contract risk mitigation solutions while upholding companys business standards and best practice;
- Contribute to development and improvement of contract templates, playbooks, and guidance documents;
- Exhibit a can-do outlook and positivity in this position.
Target Pay Rate Range: $50-$55/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.