Senior IT Project Manager
1900 Powell Street, Suite 500 Emeryville, CA 94608 US
This company is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative drug therapies for the treatment of cancer. We are seeking a Project Manager (Contract) reporting into the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) Project Management Office (PMO) to lead planning, coordination, execution and tracking for successful deployment of global technology initiatives.
This role will be responsible for leading various IT projects, programs and initiatives as defined in the IT portfolio and organization goals. The Project Manager (Contract) will collaborate closely within and outside GTS for effective solution delivery. The role is responsible for project leadership, team management, timely problem escalation, and effective communication of project status to stakeholders and users. This role may be tasked with project discovery and vendor engagement activities to support project preparation and execution.
- Deliver technology projects through entire lifecycle with adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Define and manage project scope, goals and deliverables that support business drivers in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Direct, motivate, and manage geographically diverse project teams.
- Provide detailed project, risk and scope management, tracking requirements, tasks, and deliverables.
- Partner effectively with leadership, business partners, relationship managers, project sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues, and vendors in multiple locations, and across multiple time zones.
- Facilitate and coordinate vendor engagement, Organization Change Management (OCM), validation and testing as well as training activities.
- Maintain metrics, dashboards, and other reporting tools to drive awareness and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five to seven+ years direct experience delivering medium to large-scale, enterprise-level technology projects and programs.
- Proven experience in planning and deployment of software solutions, especially cloud-based systems.
- Solid people management, cross-cultural and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysis to a variety of audiences within the organization (e.g., laterally across peers, and upward to Senior Management).
- Ability to effectively adapt, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and agile environment through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and directed.
- PMP, Agile, and/or ITIL certifications preferred.
- Exposure to core biotech/pharmaceutical software applications preferred.
Must be highly proficient with business standard project management applications (e.g., MS Project, Smartsheet), flow chart applications (e.g., MS Visio, Lucid chart) and standard office applications (e.g., MS Word, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.