Senior Inventory Specialist
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 55-63k **salary will be commensurate with experience
As a Sr. Inventory Specialist, you will be responsible for optimizing the availability of Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) parts and materials required for our equipment. Your primary focus will be on applying Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to ensure that the right parts are available when needed, minimizing downtime, and enhancing the overall reliability of our assets.
What you'll do:
Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) Inventory Management:
- Maintain stockroom integrity by monitoring all material movement and transactions within the physical stockroom and electronic Maximo system.
- Develop and implement MRO inventory strategies based on RCM principles.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of MRO parts inventory.
- Monitor stock levels and reorder points to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Collaborate with suppliers to establish efficient procurement processes.
- Evaluate supplier performance and negotiate favorable terms and agreements.
Spare Parts Identification:
- Work closely with maintenance teams to identify critical spare parts.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive spare parts catalog.
- Analyze equipment failure data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Use data-driven insights to optimize MRO parts stocking and allocation.
- Implement best-in-class practices in MRO parts management.
- Drive cost savings and process improvements by simplifying and streamlining tasks. Identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Improving and maintaining a world class level in parts management
Compliance and Documentation:
- Become a subject matter expert on inventory, manage spare parts and product contact part inventory, and the SOPs that support them.
- Ensure compliance with cGMPs, and relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to MRO parts.
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or GED with 7 years of experience in inventory management required
- Associate degree with 3 years of experience in inventory management
- Batchelor Degree with 2 years of experience in inventory management
- Understanding in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management software and tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.