Senior Lab Support Engineer (Lab Security Architect)
105 Digital Drive Novato, CA 94949 US
The Information Management Strategic Platforms department seeks a Lab Security Architect to support a security restructuring of our laboratory environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to partner closely with both IT professionals and laboratory customers. They will play a key role in supporting the secure buildout of a new laboratory environment. Experience with pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industries or other regulated environments is required.
- Assist with documenting security requirements for 125 laboratory
- Gather and document Windows Active Directory requirements for laboratory
- Document laboratory environment remote access
- Migrate laboratory servers and workstations into new environment (i.e., network, domain) and test
- Test remote access functionality for selected laboratory server/workstations.
- Research, test and recommend specific system software options to meet platform
- Possibly assist with off-hours monthly maintenance and updating
- Support application/system deployment projects emphasizing the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Able and willing to transport, lift and install PC equipment in a controlled laboratory
- Troubleshoot IT issues and provide excellent customer service to our
- Ensure all tracks of project implementation occurs in accordance with established change control
- Energetic/self-motivated, able to work independently and in team with strong organizational
- COMPTIA A+ Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience required
- Troubleshooting and supporting hardware and applications on Windows Operating System
- Experience building and deploying validated systems in a GxP
- Familiarity with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Computer Systems Validation (CSV).
- Strong knowledge of networking, GPOs, AD and the deployment and support of Client, Application Server and Database Server architecture within a validated enterprise
- Knowledge including Microsoft Server, Windows 10, MS SQL and Oracle SQL
- Troubleshooting and supporting a client/server environment (Windows and Oracle).
- Able to work independently and research answers on This includes talking to vendors, searching solutions on the internet, etc.
- A solid communicator who can speak effectively to technical and non-technical
- A team-player able to collaborate and add-value in determining
Nice to have:
- Experience with integration of laboratory equipment to laboratory information management
- Experience in supporting and maintaining scientific systems, example systems include:
- LabWare LIMS
- Plate reader Systems [SoftMax Pro, WinKQCL, MSD]
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.