Senior Research Associate, Translational Sciences
700 Saginaw Drive Redwood City, CA 94063 US
- Be a contributor to translational research and to multi-disciplinary research efforts.
- Conduct experiments in-house related to the discovery and development of novel anti-cancer agents, including but not restricted to:
- Assay and molecular biology tool development.
- Biomarker hypothesis testing.
- Biomarker assay development.
- Preclinical pharmacodynamic studies.
- Analyze experimental data.
- Utilize internal experimental protocols and produce detailed documentation of procedures and data to comply with internal standard operating procedures and other quality criteria, where necessary.
- Collaborate within the team and cross-functionally.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- A M.S. or B.S. in cancer biology/molecular biology, translational research, or a related field.
- 5+ years of lab experience, knowledge of /hands-on experience in cell culture, and basic Molecular Biology techniques in a relevant field (Academic or industry).
- Familiarity with automation, mid-throughput experimental design and execution, and assay development is preferred.
- Translational research experience is desired but not necessary.
- Basic understanding of Oncology preclinical disease models, relevant signaling pathways, and experience with elucidating basic oncology concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in executing and interpreting data from lab experiments.
- Thrives in a collaborative team setting, driven by a desire to innovate and to contribute in a high-energy small company environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.