Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist Histology
201 Haskins Way SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080 US
This is a venture capital-backed early-stage biopharmaceutical company developing ultra-sound-guided non-viral targeted gene therapies to treat multiple diseases of high unmet need. The Gene Therapy group uses a collaborative, interdisciplinary, and forward-thinking approach to solving many of the current challenges facing genetic medicine discovery and drug development. This company is headquartered in South San Francisco, CA.
The Gene Therapy group is seeking to hire a SRA/Associate Scientist to become an integral part of the gene therapy drug development effort. We seek candidates who think critically and have the desire and ability to learn new techniques. This position requires adaptability and an ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment. A qualified candidate will have technical experience in processing and analyzing histological samples.
- Development and optimization of immunohistological (IHC) and in-situ hybridization (ISH, e.g. RNAscope) techniques.
- Managing CROs for tissue processing and slide preparation.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and the development and implementation of new technology.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to communicate experimental outcomes to internal teams and senior management.
- Present information and data in both written and verbal form
- Documents experimental and process data.
- Bachelor’s (5-7 years of experience), Master’s (1-5 years of experience) or PhD (0-1 years of experience) degree in the biological sciences (e.g. Cellular, Molecular or Developmental Biology, Physiology or related field).
- Industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical histological skills (IHC, RNAscope) are required.
- Previous experience with image analysis software (HALO, Visiopharm).
- Strong ability in execution and driving for results independently.
- Familiarity with ELN platforms, ideally with Benchling.
- Strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.