Senior Research Associate
10300 Campus Pointe Drive San Diego, CA 92121 US
Target Pay Rate: 40-50/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
This Senior Research Associate /Senior Associate Scientist will join in the Translational Development team in Oncogenesis Thematic Research Center (TRC) located in San Diego, California. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of molecular cell biology, immunology, and oncology, with strong expertise in cell-based assay development and biomarker discovery.
The incumbent will be responsible for addressing questions of drug scheduling, supporting patient selection hypothesis, and developing clinical assays using current techniques and primarily in vitro and ex vivo methods; and is responsible for experiment design, execution, and data analysis and report for well-defined projects. The position will require handling and compound treatment of human tissues including whole blood, PBMC, bone marrow aspirates, tumor cell lines and primary tumors. The incumbent will be expected to maintain an electronic lab notebook and organize results into reports or presentations. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, writing and record keeping, and presentation skills. The successful candidate will have a proven technical and scientific track record and experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Independently execute defined experiments, data analysis and data QC
- Design and conduct relevant molecular and cell-based assays to support MOA and translational research
- Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner
- Thoughtful review of data and help plan next steps
- Work at the bench to design and execute established and novel molecular and cell-based assays for translational research
- Perform cell biology and molecular biology including primary and tumor cell culture, lentiviral transductions, RNA and protein preparation from cells and tissues, qRT-PCR, western blotting, and ELISA. Some training may be provided
- Hands on experience in working with CRISPR, siRNA and shRNA is a plus. Training will be provided.
- May involve handling and processing patient derived tissues and blood samples
- Collaborate effectively and cultivate positive and productive relationships with colleagues
- Participate in maintenance of routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies
- Adherence to laboratory safety policies and practices
The candidate should:
- Have a Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with at least 3 years work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in various molecular and cellular technologies including, but not limited to, sterile cell culture, cell-based assays (CTG, apoptosis), and molecular biology techniques (Protein, DNA and RNA isolations, Western blot, ELISA, qRT-PCR)
- Proficiency with multi-color flow cytometry techniques and analysis
- Possess trouble shooting and problem-solving skills to resolve technical questions in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience with high-throughput drug screening is a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.