Senior Research Scientist
3551 Lawrenceville Road Trenton, NJ 08648 US
Target Pay Rate: 40-58.54/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
We are seeking a passionate scientist to join our Disease Strategy and Late Stage Hematology team in the Translational Bioinformatics group. This team applies available and innovative bioinformatics, machine learning and statistical approaches to rich integrated patient data to gain insights and empower data-driven decisions.
This position will focus on translating insights using patient data to assist with disease stratification, mechanisms of treatment response and resistance in order to derive therapeutic mechanisms of action for existing and novel therapies, as they transition into clinic. The position would suit an individual with good statistical knowledge and computational capabilities, excellent communication, and collaboration skills. Applications are encouraged from those involved in innovative cancer translational biomarker research studies especially heme malignancies.
- Define and execute data analysis plans to gain insights from multimodal data.
- Perform NGS data processing, QC, and downstream analysis.
- Summarize analysis results, write a report.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. with 3+ years of experience- in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or another relevant field. Experiences in cancer research institutions, biotech or pharmaceutical industries is a plus.
- Fluency with Linux-based high-performance computing environments, R/Bioconductor, and reproducible research practices specially GitHub. Experiences with other high-level programming language such as Python is a plus. Familiarity with cloud computing environments (Docker, AWS) is highly desired.
- Experience with RNA-Seq, DNASeq workflow and pipelines. Familiarity with single-cell sequencing and/or spatial data is desirable.
- Some statistics background is required.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects while conforming with rigorous requirements of clinical studies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to computational scientists, experimentalists, and clinicians
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.