Senior Scientist - Research Informatics
201 Brookline Avenue Boston, MA 02215 US
Tango Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to discovering novel drug targets and delivering the next generation of precision medicine for the treatment of cancer.
Using an approach that starts and ends with patients, Tango leverages the genetic principle of synthetic lethality to discover and develop therapies that take aim at critical targets in cancer.
This includes expanding the universe of precision oncology targets into novel areas such as tumor suppressor gene loss and their contribution to the ability of cancer cells to evade immune cell killing.
Tango’s labs and offices are located at 201 Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway area of Boston.
Reporting to the Head of Research Informatics, the Senior Scientist will expand Tango’s ability to efficiently analyze and derive actionable insights from small-molecule screening and ADME profiling data. The successful candidate will work at the intersection of informatics, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry/screening and DMPK to develop new data-driven analyses and molecular property-prediction models with direct application on drug discovery projects. The goal is to deploy these models for discovery project teams at Tango, by working closely with informatics engineers.
- Develop and apply machine learning and statistical methods to enable efficient data analyses and predictive model-building using screening and ADME profiling data
- Influence warehouse data organization and help optimize metadata that improves data ingestion from internal and external data sources
- Collaborate closely with screening and chemistry experts in project teams to improve hit identification by applying novel cheminformatics techniques
- Contribute to the development of modular, automated, and scalable hit-triaging workflows
- Evaluate new cheminformatics tools that expedite data analysis and complement existing applications
- Develop hypotheses to test/validate cheminformatics-driven statistical models to help discovery project teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD in Cheminformatics, Data Science or related life science discipline with emphasis on computational approaches is required
- Recent PhD graduates as well as those with some industry experience will be considered
- Proficiency in Python/SQL and cheminformatics toolkits (RDKit, OEChem) is required
- Experience in application of data mining concepts, visualization tools and machine learning techniques on both structured and unstructured large-scale data is required
- Experience with AWS (develop/deploy models/services for drug discovery project team users) is preferred
- Experience with public datasets (e.g. ChEMBL) is preferred
- Experience with LiveDesign, MOE, PSILO and/or OpeneEye/Orion is preferred
- Ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams with a strong work ethic and accountability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of scientific publications and conference presentations
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.