Senior Specialist Q. A - Level III (BCG ONLY)
Eno Valley, NC 27712 US
Senior Specialist – Contractor
• Our Quality Assurance group ensures all materials inside our products and the products themselves are manufactured, tested, and distributed in alignment with our high standards of quality.
• Partnering across our internal manufacturing facilities, external contract manufacturers and suppliers, we create an interdependent global manufacturing network committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
• Client will construct a new manufacturing facility to significantly expand its production capacity for TICE® BCG (BCG Live for Intravesical Use), a medicine for the treatment of certain forms of bladder cancer.
• Global demand has outpaced our current maximum manufacturing capabilities.
• Once this new facility is fully operational, we will triple our current manufacturing capacity, which is expected to support the anticipated demand for TICE BCG for the foreseeable future.
• This investment reaffirms longstanding commitment to producing this medicine for the patients who need it. The facility will include end-to-end processing of drug substance, drug product, including biotech culture growth, harvest, lyophilization, product inspection, and quality control laboratories.
• The Quality Assurance Senior Specialist will support this expansion. Project activities requiring support include the capital project to construct the facility, process and technology introduction, compliance improvements, and manufacturing readiness to initiate production of commercial product.
• The focus for the position includes all aspects of Quality oversight for drug product, drug substance, media preparation, and sterile supply.
• Reporting to the Quality Assurance Organization, will independently manage project assignments.
• Ensure all aspects of the project proceed in compliance with cGMP, regulations, and our Company’s Quality Management System.
• Focusing on areas such as Commissioning, Qualification and Compliance covering Manufacturing Equipment (isolator, restricted access barrier, incubator, washer, autoclave, formulation vessel, lyophilizer, etc.).
• Provide QA support including critical / constructive review and approval of GMP documentation such as Quality Agreements, Quality Risk Assessments, URS, FAT, IQ, OQ and other technical documents to meet schedule milestones.
• Review and approval of master batch records, executed records, technical protocols, investigations, change controls, SOPs, validation protocols, technical reports.
• Partner with site and above site functions to solve problems and achieve goals.
• Makes decisions guided by policies and procedures that impact the team’s ability to meet performance objectives.
• Consults on an as-needed basis with next level manager on more complex decisions.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline. Will consider Associate degree if they have 7+years of relevant experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
• With Bachelor’s Degree, at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or highly regulated industry.
• With Master’s degree, at least 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or highly regulated industry.
• Experience with review and approval of URS, FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ for manufacturing equipment, facilities and utilities.
• Strong contemporary knowledge of relevant current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), regulations and current industry trends.
• Effective decision making, problem solving and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, complex environments and escalate appropriately.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• GMP quality experience with biological drug substance or drug product.
• GMP experience with qualification of equipment.
• Experience with Quality Risk Management.
• Project Management experience in a highly regulated industry.
• Experience with Kneat, SAP, Trackwise and/or GLIMS
Pay Range: 40-55/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.