Senior Staff Accountant
601 Rudolph Way Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 US
The Senior Staff Accountants primary duty is to support the accounting/finance function by performing general day-to-day accounting and financial duties. Responsibilities include maintaining integrity and accuracy of the general ledger accounting records, reconciliations, and documentation, performing monthly financial closing procedures to ensure accurate and timely preparation, presentation and analysis of financial statements. The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Controller.
- Ensures accuracy of accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the general accounting function including recording accruals, review and record prepaids and amortization, recording journal entries, complete account reconciliations preparation.
- Track, compile, and record ASC606 Revenue Recognition monthly reconciliation.
- Record and reconcile intercompany transactions and accounts.
- Understand ASC842 (lease accounting) to ensure compliance to the standard for lease accounting.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly financial corporate packages.
- Assist in month end reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Provides support for internal and external audit process and other accounting projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting required.
- CMA and/or CPA preferred. 3+ years of relatable experience, preferably in a SOX compliant company Sound knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced ability to gather, monitor, analyze and document data. Advanced PC skills, including advanced spreadsheet functions (e.g., Pivot Tables, Lookups, Formulas) Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Individuals primary workstation is located in the office area, where the noise level is low.
Our standard leadership competencies
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Pay Rate Range: $30-48/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.