Service Desk Technician
210 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
- The individual in this role will largely provide level 2 –but will be required to provide level 1 support as well.
- This roll will require on site presence in South San Francisco, and occasionally Newark, CA.
- Provide self-sufficient IT support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break / fix on PC and Mac platforms, video conference equipment, printers / copiers, phone systems and general IT hardware / software.
- Hardware deployment and recovery for onboarding and offboarding process by following and maintaining checklist and asset lists.
- Follow SOP documentation and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Manage individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue consistent with IT SOPs.
- Mobile support: iOS, Android.
- Develop and maintain productive and professional relationship with user base. Strong customer service-oriented mentality a must. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to learn and cross train with other IT staff members required.
- Support a diverse Desktop Productivity environment: Windows 10, Mac OSX, Microsoft Active Directory, Okta SSO, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office Suite, Box, SharePoint, system imaging technologies, VPN, and network connectivity.
- Experienced in using Zoom, and Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Quick Assist to remote control for troubleshooting
- Ensure the efficient support of core organizational roles and C-level staff.
- Provide daily early morning operational checks of all critical SaaS-based and AV systems.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a Life Sciences-related company preferred.
- Ability to work directly with end users to resolve desktop issues.
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems and evaluate solutions.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into lay terms.
- Experience across Microsoft (OS, Office), Apple (OS), Okta (SSO), Box within the Life Sciences industry required
- Basic understanding of SOX and GxP controls
- Understanding of techniques and practices in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network hardware, computer workstations, servers and software.
- Track record of providing a high level of customer service to internal customers.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience required.
Pay Rate Range: $20-28/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.