Site Services Maintenance Technician
South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
This is a 4x10 schedule and may be assigned to Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday. Or 5x8 schedule Monday-Friday.
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance & Operations Technician III will be part of the South San Francisco Site Operation Facilities, Utilities and Engineering Team. This position will support proper operation of utility system, process equipment, and site services using approved procedures. The role is primarily located in South San Francisco, CA.
- Create and complete work orders using a CMMS to maintain utility systems, facilities, and process equipment. Ensure maintenance records and service reports follow cGxP.
- Ensure safe and compliant day-to-day operations of utility and support systems including use of BAS. Ensure facilities are fit for use by maintaining cGMP and safety standards.
- Provide emergency response to alarms, lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts.
- Perform basic preventive and/or corrective maintenance on facilities/utilities equipment (e.g. HVAC, refrigerator, incubator, air compressor, chiller)
- Complete required training on time and maintain accurate training records.
- Document technical work performed accurately and completely.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, equipment/service manuals, logic flow diagrams, and work orders to perform required maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provide input for creation and revision of maintenance plans, spare parts inventory, and SOPs.
- Partner with internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to achieve department goals.
- Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Effectively communicate safety, quality, technical and training issues to team. Enforce and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Interact with stake-holders, and vendors.
- Oversee and partner with service vendors on onsite activities.
- High School diploma or GED with 4+ years of maintenance and operating experience in a GxP environment or comparable field or 2+ years of experience with applicable degree/certification/license (e.g., plumber, electrician, HVAC technician).
- 4+ years of experience maintaining and operating utility plant systems, HVAC&R (refrigeration, boilers, air handlers) systems, compressed air and gas systems, BAS, and purified water systems.
- Strong skills troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems, performing repair or replacement of parts, testing and making adjustments using approved procedures or technical experience when no procedure is available.
- Demonstrated experience reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, equipment/service manuals, logic flow diagrams, and work orders and have successfully performed required maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, ladders, and safety equipment in performing duties.
- Occasionally required to stand up to 6 hours a day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of industrial air compressors and supporting equipment including distribution.
- Strong GxP knowledge and understanding.
- Team player with a successful history of working with internal departments and external vendors.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible and able to excel and adapt to rapidly changing situations.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to handle multiple jobs with minimal supervision.
- Models our Core Values: Be Bold, Care Deeply, #GetStuffDone - is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted.
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship.
- Working experience with a CMMS, planning and scheduling.
- Experience in maintaining adequate on-hand spare parts inventory or lead-time system in place to support responsible equipment.
- Understanding of PLC and BAS programing.
- Previous experience with a facility start-up.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.