Software Engineer (Senior Test) (Remote)
1910 E Innovation Park Dr or remote Tucson or remote, AZ 85755 or remote US
Applies knowledge of design principles, test automation best practices and associated technologies in testing complex systems. General responsibilities include team leadership and responsibility for the deliverables of a software automation strategy and plan, as well as collaboratively providing guidance to software development teams regarding test automation outcomes. Assists in the delivery of customer-centric features by facilitating and providing servant leadership to a technical team.
• Designs and develops an automated testing strategy to optimize and scale automated testing across multiple projects
• Designs\develops stubs & simulators to support development and automation efforts
• Developing automation frameworks
• Partners with software developers to define processes, acceptance criteria, and metrics for unit testing
• Authoring and confirming correctness of user story-driven tests, covering aspects including
• Testing approaches (exploratory, white box, black box, etc.)
• Testing level (end-to-end, system, integration, unit, etc.)
• Testing types (functional, performance, scalability, etc.)
• Validating automation toolchains
• Partnering with Test Architects, Test Leads, and Verification & Validation Leads on practices
• Collaborating with designers, architects, developers, and testers on product development
• Endorses the speak-up culture in a constructive and professional manner to identify impediments and creative improvement opportunities at all times.
• Participating in Agile ceremonies, events, and activities
• Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
Required: Bachelor's Degree and 8 years (min) experience - BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Or a MS degree in directly related discipline and 4+ years of related experience required; OR, PhD degree in a directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required.
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Yes equivalent combination of education and experience, with three years of experience for each year of education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrates systems thinking proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought.
• Experience in automating front-end and back-end applications
• Hands-on experience in software test automation applied to physical instruments
• Experience in Behavior-Driven Development and Gherkin specifications X
• Develops and uses company design practices as applied to projects.
• Ability to collaborate with a technical team to ensure delivery of a software design that optimizes architecture needs, company needs, business constraints and technological realities.
• Ability to prioritize needed work based on objective evidence and lean design practices.
• Ability to listen to concerns and issues actively before providing a decision or judgement.
• Information Security and Data Privacy fundamentals
Licenses and Certifications
Preferred - 3 years SAFe POPM or SA ® Scaled Agile Framework Product Owner / Product Manager Certification or Leading SAFe
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.