1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Science (SMPS) department seeks a talented and motivated software engineer to design, develop and test web applications and workflows that streamlines the data acquisition, interpretation and decision making in development of the life-saving therapeutics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will situate in a dynamic cross-functional team, and focus on collaborating with scientists, software engineers, business analysts and project managers, to translate the scientific demands into cutting-edge informatics solutions. The projects will span diverse technical domains including ETL data pipeline, web application development, cloud computing and AI/ML. The position is based in our South San Francisco headquarter.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience in data lake and data warehouse, and data pipeline building
- Experience in web application development
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and communicate efficiently
- Enthusiastic about working in drug discovery, and in a scientific environment
- Basic understanding of chemistry is preferred
- Relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
Target Pay Rate Range: $47 - $90/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.