Software Test Engineer
12 Gill Street Woburn, MA 01801 US
Top 3 things you are looking for in a candidates experience (please be specific):
- Demonstrated proficiency writing code for automation with one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python
- Experience building Test Automation Frameworks using TestComplete or similar automation tools
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required
Years’ Experience Required: 4+ years of experience in a back-end or service side automation and testing role
Actual job title: Software Test Engineer
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Tests the functionality and performance of software applications or systems software.
- Develops and executes test plans and scripts designed to detect problems in software applications and systems software.
- Ensures software applications or systems software meets technical and functional requirements.
- Performs workflow analysis, documents test results and recommends quality improvements.
- Works with development to resolve software defects and diagnose/improve product configuration for current and future models.
- Reviews test automation frameworks, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: An individual contributor with responsibility in our technical functions to advance existing technology or introduce new technology and therapies. Formulates, delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering R&D, systems or initiatives related to new technologies or therapies – from design to implementation - while adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills.
Autonomy: Established and productive individual contributor.
Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
Organizational Impact: Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments.
Contributes to the completion of project milestones.
May have some involvement in cross functional assignments.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex.
Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
Communication and Influence: Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts.
External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature.
Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Requires a Baccalaureate Degree
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.