Specialist, Tech Support (REMOTE)
One Baxter Parkway Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Summary: The Technical Support Specialist provides customers with technical support for software and hardware product issues in a remote call center environment. This position effectively analyzes reported issues, follows detailed troubleshooting guidelines, and work instructions to assess root cause and identify solutions to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner. Technical Support Specialists enjoy helping others, working independently as part of a greater team, applying attention to detail, and using critical thinking skills to provide customer focused solutions.
The Essential Roles and Responsibilities of the Role are:
- Provides level 1 support to customers via phone, chat, and/or email for products and system peripherals focusing on customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency to resolve customer issues.
- Instructs customers on how to use hardware and software applications.
- Records and documents all customer interactions properly in accordance with defined
procedures, ensuring accuracy in reporting.
- Interfaces and interacts effectively with employees and customers, including pharmacy personnel and IT professionals.
- Engages additional departments and escalates issues to appropriate personnel and/or departments.
- Regularly uses mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to communicate with customers, update work orders, complete checklists or call scripts, access portals and training, diagnose problems, and maintain schedule of activities.
- Maintains product knowledge through continuous training and uses the latest troubleshooting methods, SOPs, training manuals, and other reference materials.
- Maintains compliance with laws protecting data privacy including HIPAA and GDPR.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies, and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactive and results-oriented who can work independently and as part of a team to effectively manage assignments and support customer queues.
- Must have proven ability to exercise independent judgment and draw accurate conclusions in order to effectively troubleshot technical issues based on available information.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to react quickly, accurately, and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Ability to understand the importance of details and convey the meaning to others.
- Ability to follow steps, actions, or instructions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g. login instructions, navigation, database connections).
- Highly proficient and comfortable navigating and using computers and computer-based systems.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and peripheral devices such as printers, and scanners.
- Required to maintain reliable internet connection to effectively support business systems.
- Ability to sit and look at a computer and/or mobile devices for long periods of time.
- Required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, as well as "on-call" on a rotational basis
- May require expertise in electro-mechanical problem solving and reading electrical and pneumatic diagrams as well as knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems Experiences
- High School diploma or GED required
- College degree in computer information systems or related field preferred
- Technical certifications are a plus
- 1- 2 years related experience providing technical support
- Experience using mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to perform work activities
- Previous call center experience is highly preferred
- Experience contributing and accessing information from a Knowledge Management system
- Experience supporting web-based and client-server database applications
- Experience installing and/or supporting Microsoft Windows servers and networks
- Experience installing and/or troubleshooting computer hardware and software, including
applications and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, scales, infusion pumps and other devices
- Medical device industry background
Remote* CO and NYC might not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.