Sr Analyst, Business
17221 Red Hill Avenue Irvine, CA 92614 US
This position and its responsibilities are a unique combination, requiring business analysis, data analysis, and project management with a critical focus on supporting the implementation of a SaaS software solution for Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Platform for the Project Management Office (PMO). All facets below require heavy collaboration and communication skills to both external and internal cross function partners and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities -
- Solution Assessment and Validation: Coordinate and perform tests, including end-user review and sign-off. Support testing of system for upgrades, and implementation of new system upgrades and interfaces with other systems and locations. Partner closely with Global IT Architect to ensure compliance within Global IT policies and procedures. Collaborate with developers, business stakeholders, and Quality on bug reporting/resolution and to create test scenarios. Support data mapping between business concepts and technical constructs.
- Administrative Responsibilities: Administer and maintain security configuration, roles, permissions, and domains. Become a subject matter expert for the PPM Platform. Assist with prototyping, demos, and soliciting end-user feedback. Ability to work with Project Managers and future users to provide comprehensive training, documentation, and knowledge transfer, including on-boarding of each phase of new users.
- Collaboration and Relationship Management: Provide solution support and maintain vendor relationship, including partnering with vendor on support, maintenance, patches, enhancements, and upgrades. Partner with Global IT and vendor during releases to ensure a seamless experience for the members of the Project Management Office.
- Data Management and Preparation: Identify, evaluate, cleanse, and organize disparate data sources. Identify data sources from available integrations and ensure that the data is prepared and structured within the PPM Platform for analysis.
- Data Analysis: Administer and maintain models, dashboards, and reporting tools for distribution of analysis. Support and automate the ongoing analysis of trends and key performance metrics relating to project cost, schedule, and resource management.
- Report Development: Create custom reports or work with the PPM vendor in the creation of such reports. Analyze and synthesize data into business reports that will be distributed to various levels of stakeholders from project teams to business leaders.
- Curiosity: Develop a deep understanding of the Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV) New Product Development (NPD) Product Development Process (PDP). With that knowledge, understand how the Project Managers do their work on NPD programs and their reporting needs.
- Partnership: Work with the members of the Project Management Office for a smooth transition from Microsoft Project into SaaS PPM Platform. Work with the NPD Project Managers to discover opportunities to make their work more efficient through in-depth knowledge of the PPM Platform and how to translate their reporting needs into data-driven dashboards in preparation for the PPM Platform roll-out.
- Technical Expertise: Create training, SOPs, Quick Guides for navigation within the PPM Platform. Identify gaps over time and propose solutions.
- 1 year with Clarity PPM experience
- 2 -4 years working experience with a background in Computer Science or Data Analytics
- Experience with data visualization/modeling related tools such as: Power BI, Tableau, QlikView
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills with ability to speak to varying job roles across the organization
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; strict attention to detail
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including internal cross functional teams and external contacts that may be at high levels, under general supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Knowledge of database, data warehousing or data sciences
- Experience in documenting data flows, business processes, power point presentations
- Knowledge and understanding with BI, reporting, data mining, or multi-data center applications
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.