Sr Electrical Engineer
8200 Coral Sea Street Northeast Saint Paul, MN 55112 US
- Can you please confirm your top 3 skills sets required?
#1 – if you can consider this a “skill set”, I’m looking an engineer who doesn’t feel they must be doing hardcore research and development to provide high value. Looking for someone that is capable and interested in solving problems and achieving results, whether or not the problem statement is highly technical.
#2 - Engineering design change management/documentation in a regulated environment.
#3 – Recent demonstrated capability in basic engineering skills such circuit schematic design/comprehension and benchtop electrical testing with various lab equipment.
- What is your target years of experience?
Greater than 5 years, but would expect it to be in the 5-10 range.
This position is for a mid-senior level electrical engineer to provide additional bandwidth for the CRM Instruments HW Released Product Engineering group (a.k.a. continuation engineering, sustaining engineering, product support). This group participates in several cross functional teams for market released external medical instrumentation products. Cross functional project teams include members from Product Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sourcing, Contract Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Reliability, and Regulatory functions. The group’s primary objective is to provide the design expertise necessary to support continuity of quality and compliant products.
* Assess supplier driven changes, component changes, and component obsolescence for potential impact against product functional requirements and document the testing required or rationale (analysis) for no testing.
* Create test plans and reports, and coordinate product testing.
* Evaluate returned product to determine the root cause of field returns and establish design improvements.
* Create and implement CO/CAs in the company's Product Data Management system. This includes leading the cross functional change review and approval process.
* Communicate technical details and achieve the necessary understanding and trust from non-technical audiences.
* Provide technical expertise to support electrical and mechanical projects that expand the capabilities of existing product and system solutions.
* Review and analyze circuit schematics and technical component specifications.
* Design, simulate, and test analog and digital circuits either independently or while working closely with a design technician for the development of improved solutions and evaluation of returned product.
* Generate high quality formal documentation and records.
* Manage, configure, track, verify, and transport test samples.
* Assess the impact of changing regulatory standards on existing medical products and assess the impact of changes in medical products against existing regulatory standards.
* Typical issues are reactive and are often urgent, so priorities change frequently, and issues must be resolved quickly to assure quality and continuity of supply. Some issues requiring resolution may contain a mechanical element as well. Leverage area expertise and learn new design elements to quickly become the design expert as issues require
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or another Engineering with a very strong focus in electronics
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must have the capability of functioning independently as an Electrical Engineer with minimal supervision
- Proven experience working effectively both independently and with multi-functional teams
- Skills include analog/digital circuit design and troubleshooting, laboratory practices, circuit simulation, product testing, and design of experiments
- Strong written communication skills
Nice To Have
- .Experience in a regulated industry (e.g. medical, aerospace, military)
- Experience in manufacturing or post market support
- Experience in the development or support of medical products
- Experience with evolving technology such as USB, Bluetooth, mobile (cellular) technology, and WiFi
- Experience with quick turn assignments
- General understanding of how to interpret and apply industry recognized standards, especially for medical electronic products
- Strong verbal skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.