Sr Engr, R&D
17221 Redhill Ave Irvine, CA 92614 US
Applies knowledge of technical principles and Client systems/procedures to maintain and optimize CC legacy products. Support other engineers from the area in the execution and implementation of projects in collaboration with cross functional departments to successfully define objectives, strategies, actions (tactics) plans, and its execution (Project Management).
- Develop and execute project plans for the assigned projects and manages change to control scope, risks, schedule & cost. Captures and communicate project status and data to maintain accurate and current project information for the use of the team and stakeholders
- Test and/or improve products by developing complex experiments and tests (Including writing and executing protocols), analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles
- Create/update complex design control documents including requirement specs, and risk documents
- Analyzes data and interprets standard practices and procedures to establish recommendations for problem solving.
- Assign R&D support tasks; give instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work
- Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on routine procedures
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and related project management systems
- Understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing multiple projects and charting the course of overall projects (portfolio)
- Understanding and work experience with project budgets management
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience in Design Control projects (Design Verification, Design Validation & Product Development Process)
- Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Experience within a regulated environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
- Green belt or Black belt or Scrum Master certification
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 5-7 years experience required.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.