Sr Mechanical Design Engineer
18000 Devonshire Street Sherwood Forest, CA 91325 US
HM's Top Needs:
- Excellent technical communication documentation and organizational skills
- Technical fluency in fluid dynamics statics kinematics CAD bringing concepts from design to reality
- Ability to acquire process and explain data from measurement equipment including writing and validating SW tools
- Ability to work in a laboratory with solvents and laboratory substances.
- create custom software to both acquire and analyze data from precision laboratory instruments
- excellent documentation and record keeping skills
- Good laboratory practice experience and general laboratory skills including measuring and transferring fluids, working with analytical glassware, cleaning and maintaining equipment
- Technical communication
- technical fluency in fluid dynamics, statics, kinematics, CAD, bringing concepts from design to reality
Nice To Have
- Advanced understanding of design controls, quality system regulations, and failure investigation process and methodologies.
- Test Method Validation
Education Required: BS in Mechanical Engineering
Years of Experience Required: 3+
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Researches plans designs verifies validates and develops mechanical and/or electromechanical products and systems such as metals instruments controls plastics robots engines machines and mechanical resonance hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production transmission measurement and use of energy. Recommends various technology options or approaches for system processes facility or program improvements in terms of safety performance efficiency or costs. May be responsible for the transfer from R&D to manufacturing.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education typically University.
Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists may manage projects / processes.
Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. Contributes to the completion of work group objectives through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult and may require understanding of multiple issues job areas or specialties . Makes improvements of processes systems or products to enhance performance of the job area. Analysis provided is indepth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors. Exchange information of facts statuses ideas and issues to achieve objective and influence decisionmaking.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.