Sr PD Project Mgmt Spec
18000 Devonshire Street Northridge, CA 91325 US
HM's Top Needs:
- Experience shepherding complex projects to completion, navigating roadblocks and developing solutions to meet project team goals (not necessarily the project team “ask”)
- Experience developing deliverables in the medical device industry or in highly controlled/regulated environments
- Experience maintaining detailed project schedules and communicating status to stakeholders with simplicity as well as clarity
This position is responsible for the direct management of technical literature projects, potentially including multiple deliverables with impacts across product lines and regions. The project management specialist coordinates with stakeholders/core team members (PMO, Quality, Regulatory, etc.) to obtain key inputs for the creation of new technical literature and ensures team commitments are met and communicated in a timely manner.
- Manages projects from initiation to delivery; driving project team to execute on tasks and deliverables
- Develops project plan and integrated schedules, ensures plans address stage gate deliverables
- Works with functional management to ensure sufficient and appropriate resources will be made available
- Monitors progress on project deliverables, metrics and technical output
- Develops a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized
- Facilitates problem solving and meetings to address obstacles
- Proactively manages risks and employs strategies to address
- Holds team members accountable to project commitments
- Facilitates communication to key stakeholders on project performance
- Fosters teamwork; strives to maintain an environment of openness and trust
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Years’ Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Leads or leverages cross functional teams to evaluate, develop and manage projects for new product development and ongoing lifecycle management of products, processes and therapies. Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products and processes. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients. Gathers requirements, works on requirements planning, requirements elicitation and requirements management to ensure they meet demands of project’s key stakeholders. Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement to ensure the end products or processes will solve the business problems.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects – from design to implementation - while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education.
Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties . Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area. Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors. Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Requires a Baccalaureate degree (or for degrees earned outside of the United States, a degree which satisfies the requirements of 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)( 4)(iii)(A) and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.