Sr Project Manager - Multidiscipline
8200 Coral Sea Street Northeast Saint Paul, MN 55112 US
Can you please confirm your top 3 skills sets required? Software Development, Agile Scrum Experience, Scrum Master
What is your target years of experience? Over 5 years
When do you plan to start interviewing? ASAP
Will you be looking to hire and start ASAP or will the start date be delayed? ASAP
Will the contingent worker be working remotely or onsite, or both (if both, please confirm possible schedule)? Hybrid. 2-3 days onsite
This role is expected to guide scrum teams through the development of new product capabilities, features, and solutions that support business strategies and initiatives. This role will continuously develop and improve software development and execution.
A Day in the Life:
- Serves one or more Scrum Teams
- Coach members of the Scrum Team in adherence and benefits to role accountabilities
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across scrum team members, encouraging cross-training and team support when necessary
- Guide teams to be able to make connections to the team’s behaviors and both the Agile Manifesto and the Scrum Framework.
- Facilitate Scrum Events as needed or requested. Understand effective facilitation and be able to demonstrate different facilitation techniques.
- Understand and demonstrate versatility in coaching and communicating with Scrum Team members based on unique behavioral styles.
- Ensure the Scrum Team is setting commitments (Product Goal, Sprint Goal, Definition of Done).
- Ensure the Scrum Team is striving toward Self-Management.
- Ensure the effectiveness of all Scrum Events and Artifacts.
- Coach both the Product Owner (PO) and Product Development Managers (PDMs) to ensure good product backlog management is happening and the product backlog is aligned to backlog priority.
- Protect the developers from distractions that keep them from achieving the sprint goal.
- Ensure that the right information is radiated to those that need it.
- Understand when the situation calls for facilitation, teaching, modeling, mentoring, and coaching. Use the appropriate technique for each unique situation.
- Demonstrate servant leadership.
- Understand and Identify Impediments to the team's success, and facilitate their removal
- Understand and facilitate the creation of Working Agreements
- Stay abreast of and incorporate new Scrum Guide changes.
- Help the team to self-organize/self-manage
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across scrum team members; encourage cross-training
- Train/educate others on Agile frameworks
- Analyze modifications to frameworks or process decisions with the Agile Manifesto to guide others.
- Use multiple facilitation and coaching techniques.
- Facilitate larger organizational events like communities of practice, lean coffee, etc.
- Facilitate root cause analysis sessions as needed.
- Apply conflict resolution techniques.
- Evaluate and coach improvement in team performance.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ Years as a Scrum Master for software engineering teams or related project management experience
Nice to Have:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (A-CSM, PSM II)
- Scaling experience and/or knowledge of multiple scaling frameworks
- Knowledge and/or experience applying different Agile frameworks (Kanban, eXtreme Programming, etc)
- Regulated industry experience
- Experience with product software/firmware integrated with electromechanical systems
- Familiarity with tools like Azure Dev Ops, JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building strong relationships with Scrum Teams, Product Owners, external stakeholders, and leadership
- Experience with strategic communication outside of teams to stakeholders and leaders
- Knowledge of multiple facilitation and coaching techniques
- Prior Coaching and Facilitation experience
- Experience giving and receiving value added feedback
- Experience or interest working in distributed, global teams
- Experience or interest in teaching and coaching team members
- Understand Systems Thinking
- Experience applying conflict resolution techniques
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.