Sr Software Engineer
10 Channel Center Street Boston, MA 02210 US
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Design feedback control algorithms in MATLAB/Simulink using classical PID control laws.
- Research advanced control methods and their potential for improving closed-loop system performance.
- Update/tune existing software implementation to support released products.
- Reduced order modeling of system/subsystem that enables efficient exploration of controller design space.
- Integrate and test new controller designs on hardware with different maturity levels: prototype to released hardware.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of verification methods.
- Partner with the greater software organization, systems engineering, and validation groups
- Define and review software requirements.
- Act as an independent reviewer of MATLAB/Simulink models to ensure that all software meets quality standards.
- Prepare and participate in design reviews.
- Document or participate in the documentation of the software including architecture and design detail, unit testing, anomaly tracking and reports.
Requires a University Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Advanced Control
- PID Control
- Real-time Systems
Nice To Have
- 6-DOF Modeling
- Data/Signal Processing
- Multi-body Kinematics and Dynamics
- Robotics, Controls, Software, Mechanical Design
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.