Sr Software Quality Engr
12230 World Trade Drive San Diego, CA 92128 US
Pay is commiserate with experience and ranges between $40-60/hr
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops modifies applies and maintains standards for software systems quality operating methods processes and procedures.
- Conducts evaluation of software systems activities including requirements design development documentation integration test verification and validation.
- Defines appropriate measures to ensure product quality.
- Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project process and contract requirements and objectives.
- Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements objectives and/or contracts. Reviews software systems design change specifications and plans against contractual and/or process requirements.
- Reviews include applicable specifications materials tools techniques and methodologies.
- Provides or directs verification and validation of software system requirements traceability and testability.
- SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
- Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education typically University.
- DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists may manage projects / processes.
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. Contributes to the completion of work group objectives through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult and may require understanding of multiple issues job areas or specialties . Makes improvements of processes systems or products to enhance performance of the job area. Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors. Exchange information of facts statuses ideas and issues to achieve objective and influence decision making.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
- Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.