Sr Software Quality Engr
12230 World Trade Drive San Diego, CA 92128 US
Additional position detail from the manager below:
Position needs: Develop, implement, and maintain automated test scripts using Java and Appium for mobile applications.
- Collaborate with the development and product teams to understand software requirements and design effective test strategies.
- Execute test cases and report defects, ensuring accurate defect tracking and resolution.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify, reproduce, and resolve issues.
- Participate in test planning, design, and strategy discussions.
- Continuously enhance and expand test automation coverage for the mobile application.
- Contribute to the improvement of the overall testing process, tools, and methodologies.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends in software testing and mobile automation.
- What is your target years of experience?
- Mid to Senior level ( 3 to 8 years experience)
- When do you plan to start interviewing?
- Will the contingent worker be working remotely or onsite, or both (if both, please confirm possible schedule)?
- Preference is for candidate to work onsite at the San Diego site but may also consider remote candidates depending on skill level.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for software systems quality operating methods, processes, and procedures. Conducts evaluation of software systems activities including requirements, design, development, documentation, integration, test, verification and validation. Defines appropriate measures to ensure product quality. Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives. Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts. Reviews software systems design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements. Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies. Provides or directs verification and validation of software system requirements, traceability, and testability.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties . Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area. Analysis provided is indepth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors. Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decisionmaking.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.