Sr Spec, Clinical Research
17011 Red Hill Ave Irvine, CA 92606 US
Target PR Range: 48-58/hr
*Depending on experience
Ensure trial patients' safety by assuring trials are conducted ethically and within regulatory compliance, data accuracy, and protocol adherence.
• Field monitoring of studies and data collection for clinical trials, assess all data documentation, reports, records, transcripts, exam results for consistency with case report form, and determine if clinical trial/study subject documentation is within parameters of study hypothesis, as well as to monitor clinical trial/study safety, in keeping with protocols, GCP (Good Clinical Practices) and regulatory requirements.
• Develop and deliver technical training on GCPs, protocols, database, compliance, device accountability, adverse event reporting, study investigation protocols, amendments, regulatory documentation requirements as well as training and proctoring new employees on trial and study related activities. Act as a mentor to new or junior level employees.
• Provide oversight of and insights into trial activities (e.g., trends in protocol compliance, enrollment, monitoring deviations, data quality) to principal investigators and support staff, and study sponsor management and leadership staff, including Institutional Review Boards/Ethics Committees/Research Ethics Boards, Contract, and Training, developing process improvements.
• Provide oversight and support for new, key, designated sites. Responsible for setup, maintenance, and take down of study devices/materials.
• Contribute to the development of clinical protocols, informed consent forms, and case report forms. Also contribute to team projects.
• Validate investigational device accountability by tracking the history of investigational devices to the field sites and through final disposition.
• Verify trial/study data, including maintaining appropriate regulatory documents both internal and external, auditing to be sure the site has the appropriate regulatory documentation to conduct the trial/study, and source documentation is properly recorded.
• Edit/amend informed consent documents.
• Other incidental duties
• Travel up to 15%
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in in Life Sciences or related field
• 3-4 years experience equivalent learning in a working environment with hands-on clinical research experience encompassing all aspects of the clinical process
• 5 years hands-on clinical research experience encompassing all aspects of the clinical process is preferred, including 1) Cardiovascular device trials; and 2) Cath lab, operating room and/or intensive care unit familiarity
• Other: Clinical research certification (ACRP or SoCRA, Clinical Coordinator/CRA certification)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills are required
• Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience with electronic data capture preferred
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Adobe, and ability to operate general computer software and office machinery
• Experience working in a medical device or regulated industry preferred
• Strong understanding of cardiovascular anatomy, pathology and physiology or Business Unit area of expertise
• Understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
• Technical writing skills (protocols, CRF development, study tools)
• Ability to communicate and relate well with key opinion leaders and clinical personnel
• Experience in training new hires
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.