Sr Supplier Qual Engineer
175 Middlesex Turnpike Unit 2A Billerica, MA 01821 US
In this exciting role as a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with new acquisitions across the company.
This key role will support supplier quality engineering activities including QMS integration activities and ensuring product requirements are met while maintaining product quality, safety and compliance. Our Global Quality Strategy is rooted in the company Mission and our Quality Policy. Being a 'trusted partner' means always putting patient safety first, upholding product quality, and maintaining the highest ethical standards in our business relationships and programs.
A Day in the Life:
- Support and lead QMS integration activities per company requirements.
- Support and lead Product Qualification activities ensuring suppliers are capable of delivering quality products, materials, and services.
- Assess and qualifies suppliers according to company requirements.
- Monitors products from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems before they occur.
- Provides technical guidance and quality compliance for Supplier Quality engagement throughout the Product lifecycle.
- Lead and develop the Product Acceptance Strategy for incoming inspection and associated test method validation for all internal Test Methods.
- Implement a Certified Supplier Program supporting Receiving Inspection to improve cost effectiveness.
- Provide routine communication and updates to leadership regarding supplier activities and performance.
Top 3 things you are looking for in a candidate’s experience (please be specific):
- Medical Device Experience
- Mechanical background
- Component / Product Qualification – Including Test Method Validations, Equipment / Process Validations, strong understanding of process capability.
Education Required: Bachelors: (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering)
Years’ Experience Required: > 4 years
- Mechanical / Plastic Manufacturing
- Process Validation, Change Management Processes, Statistical Analysis.
- Product qualification
- Risk Analysis
- Test Method Validation
- Agile MAP Experience
- Incoming Inspection Methodologies
- Supplier Audits
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.