Sr Supplier Qual Engineer
7611 Northland Drive North Crystal, MN 55428 US
- Can you please confirm your top 3 skills sets required?
- Experience with PPAP, component qualification, or equivalent processes for purchased components.
- Experience with incoming quality controls (inspection procedures, incoming inspection processes) and handling non-conforming material reports (NCR/NCMR) especially for purchased components.
- Experience with change processes for supplier quality documents (i.e. change orders for Approved Supplier List records, Inspection Procedures, etc.)
- What is your target years of experience?
- 4-6 years
A Day in the Life
- Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services.
- Leads cross-functional teams of engineers and manufacturing functions to investigate and resolve supplier-related quality or compliance issues discovered during incoming inspection.
- Lead and/or participate in corrective/preventive action teams in resolving supplier-related issues (e.g., nonconformances, CAPA activities, audit findings, complaint investigations, etc.).
- Qualifies suppliers according to company standards and may administer a Certified Supplier Program in receiving inspection to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Define component qualification strategy (PPAP), partner with suppliers to develop qualification plan, report performance, and demonstrate release readiness. Author or review key component engineering lifecycle deliverables throughout product development, as defined by procedures. Define control plans to ensure appropriate acceptance activities.
- Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur.
- Supports and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.
- Evaluates suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation.
- Develops and delivers the Product Acceptance Sampling Strategy, Approved Supplier List coordination, Supplier Owned Quality deployment, and Control Plans for existing products.
- Evaluates and acts as a lead in processing and approving supplier change requests.
- Define Receiving Inspection requirements as required
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science or Technical field with 4+ years of experience in Quality and/or Engineering OR Advanced Degree in Engineering, Science or Technical field with 2+ years of experience in Quality and/or Engineering
Nice to Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- MBA, Masters in Engineering, science or technical field
- ASQ CQE, CQA and/or CSQP certification
- First Time Quality Coach (FTQ) / Six Sigma/ DFSS / Lean Green Belt or Black Belt certified
- Strong communication, organizational and project planning skills
- Demonstrated track record of effectively influencing and negotiating with suppliers and leading effective/successful change initiatives
- Strong knowledge of metrology & measurement techniques; statistical analysis (Cpk, standard deviation, etc) in Minitab, measurement uncertainty, GD&T, Gauge Repeatability & Reproducibility
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.