Sr. Bioinformatics Analyst
REMOTE, CA 00000 US
Target PR Range: 30-40/hr
*Depending one experience
The Genomics Research Center (GRC) is a center of excellence for genetics and genomics that supports both Discovery and Development. The GRC plays an integral role towards our goal of developing extraordinary genetics and genomics research, focusing on finding the right targets and helping us better understand not only human disease biology but also the behavior of and response to our drugs in clinical trials. Within the GRC, the Department of Bioinformatics is responsible for data analysis and provides analytical insight for both internal and external data. This involves the identification and characterization of underlying genetic, epigenetic, or genomic factors that are associated with disease diagnosis, prognosis, and response (efficacy and safety) to drug treatment, identification of new targets, and interpretation of the impact of genetic and genomic evidence from population-based studies. To meet these challenges, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bioinformatics Analyst role in the GRC’s Bioinformatics Engineering organization, reporting to the Lead Pipeline Development Engineer. We are seeking a detail-oriented candidate who will provide the critical function of processing an increasing volume of genomic data through the GRC’s standardized bioinformatics pipelines.
• Execute GRC Standardized Bioinformatics Pipelines in multiple HPC environments (Slurm-scheduler, AWS).
• Communicate with Bioinformatics stakeholders to collect parameters required for executing pipelines.
• Assure delivery of results and QC metrics to Bioinformatics stakeholders.
• Communicate pipeline performance feedback to Bioinformatics Engineering pipeline developers.
• Curate documentation and maintain detailed records of data processing procedures and results.
• Improve automated and standardized data processing procedure.
• Perform quality control checks to ensure accurate and reliable results.
• Provide training and guidance to junior bioinformatics analysts as needed.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology related field.
• Proven experience (minimum 5 years) in processing and analyzing genomics data using bioinformatics pipelines in HPC Linux environments such as slurm, SGE, or AWS batch.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R, or Bash.
• In-depth knowledge of genomics data analysis techniques, algorithms, and tools.
• Familiarity with next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Experience with cloud-based bioinformatics platforms preferred.
*CO/NYC candidates might not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.