Sr. Lab Technician
1080 US Highway 202 South Somerville, NJ 08876 US
Target Pay Rate: 22-25/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
A Contract position is available in the Oligonucleotide Manufacturing Group for individuals with experience in oligonucleotide synthesis and purification production and oligonucleotide characterization by analytical HPLC methods.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Performing oligonucleotide synthesis and characterization by following detailed instructions outlined in production batch records and SOPs
- The candidate will be expected to organize work to ensure efficient utilization of time and materials and to complete all procedures in a cGMP compliant manner
- The candidate will also be expected to respond quickly and effectively to multiple and changing priorities, and to schedule work effectively to ensure that current and future needs are met
- The candidate will be required to accurately and consistently record methods, materials, and results in batch records according to established formats and to keep supervisor informed on status of all projects and of significant findings and results in critical areas.
- Knowledge in oligonucleotide synthesis and PCR technology is desirable
- Knowledge in lab equipment automation and programming
- Good communication and teamwork skills are required
- Ability to work under cGMP guidelines, and coordinate/implement production schedule is necessary
- Strong verbal/written skills are required
- B.S. in Science Field or related discipline is required (Chem or BioChem is preferred)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.