Sr. Research Associate (NGS)
280 UTAH AVE., SUITE 200 SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080 US
We believe genetic medicines can treat common diseases that afflict large numbers of patients. To realize this vision, we are building therapeutics that will modify and control multiple genes at the DNA, RNA, and/or protein level in vivo. We are building a vibrant, collaborative workplace that supports our team in performing great science while bringing their whole selves to work.
About the role:
As a Sr. Research Associate, you will work with a team of scientists and research associates to advance our gene editing technologies - enabling the discovery of new therapeutics, and improving their function so they can be safely and effectively delivered to patients. You will primarily be performing our NGS workflows, isolating nucleic acids from cell culture samples, preparing for sequencing, and running Illumina instruments. There will be opportunities for expansion of the role into automation, long-read and/or single-cell sequencing.
- Extract RNA and DNA from mammalian cell culture
- Perform NGS sample processing steps for our in-house sequencing
- Load, run, and maintain Illumina sequencers
- Assist in the on-boarding of additional sequencing technologies such as 10x, nano-pore, PacBio etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Illumina sequencing workflows and instrument operation.
- Preferred 5 years, minimum of 2 years, of independent research experience.
- Experience achieving scientific goals through team-work, good organization and communication skills.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology or related field
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.