Sr. Software Verification Engineer
5000 Franklin Dr Pleasanton CA USA 94588 Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
Senior Software Test Engineer
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies, As a global leader in Mechanical Circulatory and Cardiac Pressure Measurement Systems, our breakthrough medical device technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart failure (HF).
As Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be part of our software verification team focused on testing and delivering state-of-the-art Cloud based Web software applications. This team is part of the larger software group responsible for building a next generation software platform using a modern technology stack for a cloud-based remote patient monitoring system. In this journey we are replacing/refactoring our existing software with a domain-driven design and micro-service-based architecture and modern UI. The Senior Software Test Engineer will be responsible for Software Integration, Verification and Automation testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements, interface specifications, software design and define test strategy for integration and end to end verification testing.
- Design and Implement automation tests to automate testing for UI, APIs, and other functionality.
- Create manual test cases and protocols and summary reports for end-to-end verification testing of various software functionalities.
- Review project deliverables such as requirement specifications, design, and test procedures for thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy.
- Lead reviews of software test deliverables such as test plans, protocols, results, and summary reports.
- Lead Bug scrub meeting and ensure all software defects are timely resolved and closed.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team including Systems Engineering, Software Development, Quality, and project management to resolve dependencies, and complete all activities in planned timelines.
- Work with external partners and vendors to provide guidance, review manual and automated tests and ensure all test activities and completed per Abbott process and procedures.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, or Software), Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in integration, automation, and verification testing of cloud-based web applications.
- Working knowledge with Azure or other cloud platform like AWS, Google.
- Strong experience developing tests for Web applications, Front end, Microservices and databases.
- Strong experience in automation tools like using Selenium, RESTAsssured, TestNG, Extent Reports.
- Experience in developing test scripts using Java, java scripts, mocha, or similar languages.
- Experience in testing databases like – PostgreSQL, Cosmos, or similar no SQL databases.
- Experience in Performance and Reliability and security testing.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Ability to plan for project deliverables and manage the project team towards delivering work products of high quality.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions and issues clearly and adequately to management as well as members on the project.
- Experience in working in an iterative (Scrum, Kanban) development process.
- Master’s degree in related field (education may substitute for some years of experience)
- Ability to lead and manage a team from multiple sites to work cohesively.
- Prior experience in medical device/healthcare/life sciences industry
- Ability to analyze static code analysis reports and identify issues.
- Knowledge in BDD and TDD test concepts and tools.
target pay: 50-60/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.