601 Rudolph Way Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 US
Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department. Includes a variety of highly sensitive and confidential accounting duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Maintains all AP files, digital and paper. Review invoices to ensure expense are allocated to the correct general ledger account. Obtain approval before entering invoices into accounting system.
- Utilize AP aging report to determine when vendor payments will be processed. Processes payments and match invoices to checks and submit to obtain signatures on check and distribute accordingly.
- Verify credit card statements have original receipts attached an all allocations and approvals have been obtained. Prepare journal entries to allocate all credit card transactions.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and reconcile monthly vendor statement, research and correct any discrepancies.
- Prepare and review all 1099 forms for accuracy.
- Associates degree in Accounting preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application: Excel and Word
- Ability to effectively meet scheduled and ad-hoc project deadlines
- Demonstrated quick study and self-starter competencies
- A team player committed to high standards of professionalism
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.