Manassas, VA 20109 US
Perform daily operations of sales accounting and accounts receivable. Process weekly plant payrolls. Serve as backup for General Accountant or Operations Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Accounting & Accounts Receivable
• Process customer invoices.
• Prepare weekly expected sales reports and monthly comparative sales actual vs. budget reports.
• Maintain monthly sales reports, including sales in lbs. by customer and SKU.
• Calculate broker commission accruals and prepare earned commission payments.
• Monitor A/R aging on a weekly basis and collect past due accounts.
• Reconcile A/R balances; research, document and resolve outstanding amounts involving customer deductions. Prepare A/R adjustments for approval by sales account executives or other functional managers.
• Process weekly plant payrolls.
• Prepare payroll journal entries for period-end closing.
• Submit check requests for payroll deductions (union dues, 401(k) contributions, garnishments).
• Prepare health & welfare and pension contributions for union employees.
• Prepare journal entries to book vacation and sick accruals and pension for union employees.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare appropriate adjusting entries: Reserve for Customer Chargebacks, Customer Deposits, Retailer Chargebacks Payable, Garnishments, Union Dues.
• Prepare backup paperwork (Invoice, Purchase Order and receiving documents) to process A/P checks.
• Perform other projects assigned by Director of Finance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration desirable
• 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to effectively meet scheduled and ad-hoc project deadlines
• Demonstrated quick study and self-starter competencies
• A team player committed to high standards of professionalism
Nice to have:
• Sage 500
• Worked in a manufacturing environment.
• Cost accounting
Target pay $30-31/hr commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.