Staff Experience Designer (XD) REMOTE
Remote Southern CA San Diego, CA 92101 US
As part of the Web and eCommerce Team within Global Marketing, the User Experience Designer will evolve our conversation and interactions with our customers in digital channels; to give them the targeted content, tools, and products that they need to be successful in their professional lives. You will conduct user testing and research to deepen our insights of user interactions across digital marketing touchpoints.
Your research and creative output work will engage users, generate eCommerce revenue, enable online customer self-service and deliver delightful user experiences. We are a highly collaborative culture, you will work with internal partners to deliver projects through testing, discovery, prototyping, presentation, and deliver project details to designers, frontend developers and backend developers for implementation. You will own the success of delivering against project goals. To be successful, you are creative, collaborative, detail-oriented, process-friendly, and have the ability to work within timelines on multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and changing conditions. You have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Work with key stakeholders to determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interface designs
- Lead internal conversations and interviews with key stakeholders to understand business goals
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, interactive prototypes, design mockups, and specifications as needed
- Communicate user scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to core project team members within the Digital Center of Excellence
- Analyze and interpret website analytics to assist your design decisions
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Develop personas and roles aligned to specific project needs
- Author and conduct moderated and unmoderated user testing protocols and voice of customer research activity
- Author and execute user testing protocols aligned to project goals
- Schedule user interviews
- Conduct testing protocols and interview users
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative insights and report findings to core team via verbal and written presentations
- 3+ years of cumulative experience as a user experience designer, user researcher, interaction designer, or similar role
- Online portfolio of demonstrated work including underlying strategic process and thinking
- Professional maturity and excellent pitch skills.?
- Demonstrated, pragmatic execution of projects within a large organization
- Ability to create wireframes and interactive prototypes that demonstrate clean, user-focused, modern web design
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD and/or other associated prototyping tools
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and/or other associated design tools
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Target, User Zoom and/or other associated user testing tools
- Adept at integrating industry analysis and on-domain analytics into design rationale and success validation criteria
- ****will need to present portfolio (preferred online portfolio)
Bachelor’s in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience Design or related degree.
Large agency or consultancy experience, or Fortune 1000 level corporate marketing/design experience
75-85 pay rate range
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
CO, NY candidates may not be considered.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.