Statistical Programmer - IV (REMOTE)
One Merck Drive (PO BOX 100) Kenilworth, NJ 07033 US
The role of Consultant, Manager Outcomes Research Stats Analyst report to the Director of Data Analytics OR of Medical Affairs Outcomes Research.
Core elements enabling success in the role will include:
- Focusing across Women’s Health, Established Brands, Biosimilars and in-licensing opportunities.
- In this role you will be responsible for the internal analysis for all internal projects research programs that include design and delivering internal research projects and insights.
- The role is responsible for the delivery of internal data analysis of studies involving observational studies for all developmental products and commercialized projects across the portfolio
- The data is to be communicated to all internal stakeholders and for support for research projects that are reviewed and go to congress and manuscript submission. ·
- Strong programming skills in SAS / R programming and data analysis.
- Extensive work experience with large US insurance claims databases, electronic medical records, registry databases for health outcomes research (e.g., Optum, Premier, IBM-marketscan, Humedica, IMSPharmetrics +, GEhealth, Flatiron, etc.)
- Experience with Ex-US healthcare databases such as THIN database is a plus
- Experience working with medical and billing coding systems such as ICD-10, SNOMED, LOINC, NDC, HCPCS, CPT.
- Familiar with cloud and high-performance computing environments (Azure, AWS)
- Develop protocols and Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) based on the study concept, and ensure appropriateness of study design, sample size and statistical methodologies proposed.
- Develop and implement rigorous QC processes and programming templates to ensure quality of data and analyses.
- Conducts statistical analyses to generate tables, listings, and figures for use in publications/presentations and for internal purposes
- Must be able to meet timelines with minimal supervision, have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Solid ability to translate statistical information.
I am mainly looking for candidates who have worked in pharma industry (have some therapeutic area language) and have experience with any of claims (IBM marketscan, OPTUM, Premier etc) or EMR databases (THIN) for research purposes. Candidate we hire will be directly working with Outcomes research group on a retrospective study from start to finish (developing research protocol, write SAS programs, analyze and provide summary of results that can be publishable). Master or post-graduate degree (eg, PhD, DrPH, PharmD) in Health Economics, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Public Health, Epidemiology, Pharmacy Administration, or other relevant discipline, with experience in coding and developing analytical datasets and conducting statistical analysis. · Bachelors degree ok with more experience (more than 2 years) · Minimum 3 years of experience in SAS programming and a minimum 2 years of hands-on work experience with real world studies using large claims/EMR databases in HEOR
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.