Summer Intern, Quality Assurance, Operations
South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The Quality Assurance Operations team works with all site colleagues to ensure that manufacturing and materials management processes are conducted in accordance with local/Federal/external regulatory requirements. We consider ourselves a customer service organization, which facilitates a culture and environment of teamwork. We are all able, trained, and willing to provide any level of task to our customers (i.e., site colleagues). We have an open-door policy of collaboration and success!
Intern Position Summary
Working with the Quality Assurance Operations team, the Intern will be utilized on day-to-day responsibilities including materials management (specification, inspection, release), archival of material release packets, continuous improvement of team procedures to support GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) readiness dates and a visual aid project that focuses on collection of date and reporting of weekly standard team activities (as applicable).
Intern Job Responsibilities/Deliverables
- Train and gain access to the QMS (Quality Management System) for materials and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Reviewing of manufacturing documents and logs
- Continuous improvement revisions to SOPs (minor revisions, revise and collaborate in teams, FTE’s will route in MC or Veeva)
- Visual Aid Board
Benefits of the Internship
- Minor project management
- Quality review and Oversight
- Data/information management/reporting
Intern Qualifications and Skills
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in life sciences
- Must have an interest in pursuing a career in Life Sciences/Biotech/Pharmaceuticals
- Ability to manage workload effectively including planning, organizing, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.