Summer Intern, Research Technical Operations, Integrative Biology (Remote)
Remote Northbrook, IL 60558 US
Pay 23-27/h - will depend on experience
The study management team sits within the Integrative Biology department. Our group’s primary function is to ensure the execution of our animal studies. We work externally with our vendors as well as internally with the various departments within research and technical operations. We are a group of motivated and fun individuals who share a passion for animal welfare and science!
Intern Position Summary
The intern will be responsible for creating templates to track/organize departmental information on vendors, budgeting, study designs, sample shipments, formulations, etc. In addition, the intern will assist in updating and/or creating SOPs related to study management operations. This will require the intern to work directly with the study management team to identify gaps in our current processes and brainstorm ways to fill these gaps & improve our efficiency.
Intern Job Responsibilities/Deliverables
- Intern will create a template that will be used to track the details & progress of individual animal studies.
- Intern will create a study management guide that will serve as a reference for study managers.
- Intern will be responsible for updating and creating new SOPs related to study management.
- Intern will be responsible for organizing and transitioning study management data currently in the Box cloud system to Microsoft SharePoint.
Intern Qualifications and Skills
- Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in life sciences Must have an interest in pursuing a career in Life Sciences/Biotech/Pharmaceuticals
- Ability to manage workload effectively including planning, organizing, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Opportunity to receive mentoring and training from experienced study managers
- Exposure to the inner workings of a gene therapy organization
- Gain technical expertise on study management
- Skills to develop: Time management, communication, organization, initiative
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.