Supply Chain Planner/Buyer
625 Alpha Dr Pittsburgh, PA 15238 US
Target Pay Rate: 25-40.16/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The role will support the purchasing of electrical and mechanical raw components to support Medical Device manufacturing.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and updates all reporting on critical parts suppliers
- Tracking high priority order and coordinating with the multiple areas to ensure expeditious handling, ensuring proper escalation of issues if needed.
- Develops and issues detailed product requirements for assigned suppliers, necessary to achieve customer delivery commitments and to maintain inventory targets, where applicable
- Accountable for the analysis of supply shortfalls impacting internal and/or external customer requirements and ensure root cause identification and corrective action determination.
- Demonstrates technical expertise to increase efficiency and flexibility of department
- Leads supply activities and expedite with the appropriate departments as necessary to insure customer delivery commitments are met.
- Review and disposition materials requested by internal customers, where applicable and monitor performance.
- Responsible for and maintains SAP procurement parameters for assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare and issue reports related to supply activities and supplier delivery performance.
- Interacts with supplier quality to drive resolution of supplier quality issues
- BA/BS required in (Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Business, Information Technology
- 5+ years of total experience, including minimum of 2 years in a Product Supply discipline
- Excellent presentation, training, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence other members of the organization to help achieve goals and increase performance
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships within the organization
- Ability to work on projects of low complexity with direction
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient in in the MM module of SAP and also has a general understanding of MRP
- Strong Excel skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.