Supply Chain Specialist III
San Mateo, CA 94404 US
Target PR Range: 32-42/hr
*Depending on experience
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain, this role will be responsible for ensuring timely execution of the manufacturing transactions and data updates in Oracle ERP. This role will include reconciling inventory between internal manufacturing sites and contract manufacturing facilities.
- Uses the prepared Master Production Schedule and Inventory Targets to prepare production orders for manufacture of commercial products.
- Establishes sequence and lead-time of each batch to meet shipping dates.
- Prepares and maintains required ERP system documents such as work orders, purchase orders and Material Transfer Requests.
- Initiates and coordinates shipments between facilities
- Updates ERP system data to report production activity and material issuance/movement. Verifies API issuances are in alignment with batch records to support GxP lot tracing requirements
- Processes changes in the ERP system to reflect schedule adjustments according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions. Ensures that open Work Order are in sync with associated Purchase Orders
- Reconcile book inventory against CMO oh hand inventory and investigates / explains inventory differences. Makes reconciling entries and works with both internal and external auditors to support SOX requirements.
- Works with finance to identify inventory items that are potential write-offs so that the appropriate financial reserve can be made in the accounting systems.
- Provides support to vendors in resolving outstanding accounts receivable balances and works with Accounts Payable to revolve issues preventing the timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains pricing sheets for each vendor reflecting the current unit pricing and tracks the number of purchase orders issued for vendors that have volume discount price breaks so that the correct price is reflected on those purchase orders.
- Develops, maintains and communicates metrics to monitor and improve performance.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Performs a variety of basic to routine duties in support of Supply Chain operations.
- Takes independent action to ensure appropriate purchasing, routing, scheduling, and/or storing of goods.
- Compiles, records, and tracks pertinent data through computerized systems, and based on analysis of data provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Reviews non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, prices and tracking of shipments, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule and sales forecasts.
- May make recommendations on inventory levels, sources, handling etc.
- Responds to requests for information from other departments, reviews available information, and may contact vendors for further information.
- Receives requests for routine changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
- Prepares standard documents, such as work orders, purchase orders, material transfer requests, shipping documentation, and material reconciliation reports.
- May communicate with other department representatives
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Works on assignments that range from routine to basic in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Must have knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other relevant software.
- Demonstrates good written communication skills along with good analytical skills.
- Able to apply knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in related field and a HS diploma or Certificate to FETAC level 6 (GSL; or
- 0+ years of relevant experience and a BS.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.