Supply Chain Specialist IV - Scheduling, Maintenance and Production
Oceanside Oceanside, CA 92056 US
- Strong understanding of capacity planning / detailed scheduling processes, asset / resource management (scheduling time on assets / job plans / BOMs), schedule level loading in ERP systems (Maximo / Oracle preferred, SAP and other systems).
- Performs detailed scheduling (and confirmation of material and resource availability) for maintenance and production, managing time on GMP assets to ensure production schedules can be adhered to and equipment is properly maintained.
- Works with vendors to obtain quotes for services, drafts legal work orders and review legal MSAs, ensuring work is within scope of agreements with vendor service providers.
- Participate and/or lead scheduling forums, reviewing firm and proposed schedules, tracking actions, KPIs and clearly communicating requirements and gaps that are impacting workflow.
- Prepare preventative maintenance capacity plans and schedules that are in sync with the organizations maintenance goals.
- Coordinate planned downtimes to reduce mean time between failures and minimize interference with production schedules.
- Participates in cross-functional teams as a scheduling SME working collaboratively to provide inputs to plans, risks and to bring information back to the team.
- Works on non-routine problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- With guidance exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Inputs, maintains, and adjusts records or transactions to ensure system validity.
- May provide training and guidance to other Supply Chain personnel.
- Provides input to more senior team members on planning and forecasting.
- Compiles and analyzes non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule. Maintains KPIs and prepares reports as requested and required.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to assist with decision-making.
- Performs non-routine activities relating to changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate external or cross-functional contacts. Negotiates and monitors levels of service or performance provided, communicates areas of concern to resolve issues.
- Generates and reviews documents such as work orders, contracts, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation.
- Uses approved methods to make minor decisions in line with company goals and objectives, e.g. transfer or delivery of inventory, production and purchasing schedules.
- Tracks progress with department supervisors, readjusts schedules and communicates changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
- Develops and implements programs with suppliers and/or internal cross-functional team members to support continuous improvement.
- Works on assignments that range from routine to moderately non-routine in nature where independent action and initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Able to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to develop solutions to non-routine problems.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA or 2+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS.
- Experience and proficient with enterprise systems, Oracle, SAP, Maximo preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with maintenance and production scheduling desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to create written communication that is properly structured providing clear and concise messages.
- Strong analytical and problem skills preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.