Tax Manager, Global Income Tax Compliance & Reporting
100 College Street New Haven, CT 06510 US
JOB TITLE Tax Manager, Global Income Tax Compliance & Reporting
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. Thats why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesnt mean were not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
This company is seeking a Tax Manager to support with global income tax compliance and statutory tax reporting.
Tax Manager to support with global income tax compliance and statutory tax reporting. This position is based in our New Haven office and will report to the Tax Senior Manager. This position will be responsible for assisting with review and management of our U.S. & non-U.S. global income tax compliance engagement, supporting quarterly and annual income tax accounting and reporting obligations under local statutory guidelines, and supporting the monthly global cash tax forecast. The Manager, Global Income Tax Compliance & Reporting will interface with core finance functions including corporate & statutory accounting, legal, treasury, and will also liaise with leaders across a number of non-U.S. locations. Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, and/or post-graduate study in Taxation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with a Big 4, regional accounting firm or corporate tax department.
- Experience across tax disciplines including income tax accounting (ASC 740 and IAS12), income tax compliance, and general corporate tax principles.
- Strong computer skills and functionality with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to manage and lead both projects and processes on a one off and continuing basis.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with other departments as a team player.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with both employees and/or outside consultants.
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
Responsibilities Tax Compliance
- Coordinate with outsourced tax compliance engagement teams to ensure accurate and timely completion of U.S. & non-U.S. income tax return and estimated tax payment obligations.
- Support data gathering and analysis for internal and external tax information requests.
- Review U.S. & non-U.S. income tax returns, while understanding and communicating tax compliance risks and opportunities.
- Review return-to-provision calculations and communicate the impact of return filings to the core tax provision team.
- Manage the monthly global cash tax forecast and communicate any large disbursements to Treasury.
Statutory Tax Reporting
- Coordinate with internal & external statutory engagement teams to ensure accurate and timely completion of the non-U.S. statutory income tax provisions and local financial statement income tax disclosures.
- Review the statutory income tax provisions, related workpapers, and associated statutory financial statement tax disclosures.
- Reconcile global income tax payable accounts to ensure accuracy.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.