79 TW Alexander Dr Bldg. 4201 , Bldg. R-431 Durham, NC 27713 US
- Manage the preparation of and review of tax work papers and forms prepared by the Department's tax analysts for federal and state income & franchise tax returns, estimates, and extensions to ensure proper documentation to adequately support future audits and minimize tax assessments and penalties.
- Review tax provision workpapers (ASC 740/IAS 12 - preferred) including deferred tax analysis, confirmation of deferred tax balances, uncertain tax positions and reconciliation of tax payable/receivable balances.
- Require Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field. CPA preferred
- Strong working knowledge of US federal, US International and state & local taxation rules
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports
- Knowledge of tax systems and software (i.e., OneSource)
- Strong tax research and analysis skills
- Strong financial statement analysis skills
- Strong organizational and communications skills with the ability to allocate resources appropriately to meet group and corporate objectives
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.