1402 Alton Pkwy Irvine, CA 92606 US
The main function of a lab technician is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. A typical lab technician may work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
•Perform routine testing services using established procedures/protocols (e.g sterility, bioburden, aseptic filtration, environmental collection and testing, receive, inspect, in process solutions, etc)
•Collect environmental lab samples from multiple cleanrooms
•Perform data entry of routine testing
•Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records
•Assist in testing validation/revalidation activities for critical systems and equipment under close supervision
•May maintain basic equipment by following procedures and executing PM (preventative maintenance) per established schedule
•Update operating procedures and ensure that specifications are in compliance with GMP, Environment and Safety regulations
•Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Set up, adjust, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain and process solution and product samples for chemical analysis.
•Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
•Able to read, comprehend, write and speak English
•Good computer skills, including usage of MS Office
•Moderate knowledge of laboratory processes
•Moderate knowledge in QSR (Quality System Regulation), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) regulations
•Moderate knowledge in mathematics, e.g., decimals and percentage
• Knowledge of and adherence to Client Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
•Strict attention to detail
•Knowledge of Good Manufacturing and Good Documentation Practices supporting a medical device environment
•Must be able to work in a team environment
•Ability to provide feedback in a professional, direct, and tactful manner
•Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Not having the appropriate level of experience, Biology, chemistry, scientific background. Not flexible when it comes to learning and being patient with others
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a scientific discipline required.
- 0-2 years experience required.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.