17221 Redhill Ave Irvine, CA 92614 US
The main function of a lab technician is to perform and support a variety of lab activities which include: assisting researchers in routine testing (biochemical, bioanalytical, and biomechanical), assisting engineer in equipment qualification dry runs, providing support for researcher project, and managing daily lab operations.
- Perform testing to support process and equipment validation.
- Collect, organize, document, and analyze data in the laboratory notebook and/or protocol and report.
- Prepare test samples (products/materials/solutions) for routine and qualification testing.
- Maintain laboratory in a safe, clean, and orderly condition, which includes cleaning the glassware and facilitating the storage, collection and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Maintain instruments and equipment devices in accordance with manufacturers and/or in-house preventative maintenance and calibration/validation procedures.
- Manage the laboratorys inventory by updating, ordering, receiving and storing chemicals, reagents and other supplies.
- Assist in troubleshooting of procedures and/or instruments when problems arise, identify issues, determine appropriate course of action, and make recommendations.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Hands on testing experience is preferred.
- Capable of following procedures, protocol test methods, and executing testing independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with team and contribute constructively to team environment and outside departments.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Cell culture skills is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- 0-2 years experience required.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.