Test Engineer (2nd shift)
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
The Test Engineer shall support test activities to best meet the project’s requirements. This position will be a part of a R&D Systems Engineering team and will interface with cross-functional team members. You will be responsible for executing tests, analyzing data, documenting results, and ensuring that all documentation passes quality review.
- Execute and document System tests
- Author Test Reports and route documents for approval (strong writing skills)
- Create quality and safety related documentation to support validity of test.
- Communicate test related activities and results with multi-disciplinary team members
- Perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility
- Provide input to engineers to assist in the development of test protocols and prototype builds.
- Perform mechanical and electrical testing to evaluate new and existing products.
- Generate and analyze test data, and report results per departmental procedures.
- Prepare and operate various lab equipment such as Instron mechanical testers, visual inspection, autoclaves, etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities of a Testing Services team.
- May serve as an extended team member for engineering team meetings.
- Train operators to appropriate SOP’s
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 0-1 years of relevant experience
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, preferably engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering) with 1 year working in a STEM field.
- Understanding of creating test methods for verifying product requirements
- Familiarity with basic statistics and use of Minitab
- Ability to work with QA to ensure testing meets Quality and Regulatory needs.
- Ability to work with Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineers when discovering, documenting, and resolving issues.
- Experience using Instron mechanical tester, oscilloscope, force gauges, and LabVIEW
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.