Test Engineer (Electrical)
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
Top 3 things you are looking for in a candidates experience (please be specific):
- Team Player, working with intra- and inter-functional team members
- Knowledge in electrical engineering with interest in electro-mechanical designs
- Great work ethic, with being a member of a fast pace working environment
Education Required: Junior Electrical Engineer B.S. minimum
Years’ Experience Required: We are fine with an engaged Engineer with no professional work experience.
Will the contractor be working 40 hours a week? If not, weekly estimate? 40 hrs/wk
Does this position require the candidate to be onsite or remote? Onsite
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team developing test methods for a complex, electro-mechanical system
• Plan, execute and document system and sub-system tests
• Document tests via test methods and reports
• Validate Test Methods and support test results validation reports
• File documentation, software, or drawings in depository system
• Create quality and safety related documentation to support validity of test and test fixture.
• Support test team by executing verification testing
• Support hardware and electrical engineers with test fixtures
• Train other team members on various testing activities
• Communicate test related activities and results with multi-disciplinary team members
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor degree in electrical engineering is required.
• One or more years’ experience in medical device product development or equivalent is required.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and proven hands-on electronic/mechanical skills.
• One or more years’ demonstrated experience and expertise with product testing, test equipment, analysis methodologies and test documentation is preferred.
• Familiarity with standard test equipment such as Instron, imaging scopes, force gauges, data loggers, and CMM is preferred.
• One or more years’ experience in designing fixture, preferable in CREO, is a plus.
• Experience in testing electro-mechanical systems is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to perform as a contributing member of cross functional teams, including quality, electronic, and mechanical engineers.
• Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Excel and Word
• Organize and be able to prioritize workload, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills [oral and written] including listening; and ability to maintain clear project status and interlocks with internal project teams and external test agencies
• Strong interpersonal skills: function as a “team player” and work constructively and cooperatively with all team members in the best interests of the program.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.