Test Engineer II - Exempt
10 Channel Center Street Boston, MA 02210 US
As a member of the Controls Verification team, you will be verifing the controls software for the instrumentation’s robotic subsystem. This involves developing automated and manual tests to verify the sophisticated embedded real-time platform and the instrument control software for the operation of the embedded actuator and sensor hardware. In addition, the role will involve supporting the electromechanical verification of the wristed surgical instruments, ligature and stapling instruments with the corresponding control software.
• Provide technical support for the software verification engineering verifying the functionality of feedback control loop algorithms designed and developed in MATLAB/Simulink
• Verifying controls software for robotic manipulators and surgical instruments
• Integrating and testing new controller designs on hardware and with the rest of the robotic platform
• Conduct software and product hardware-in-loop testing and create model and prototypes
• Review teammates MATLAB/Simulink models and ensure that all software meets quality standards; prepare and participate in design reviews
• Document or participate in the documentation of the software including verification test plans and reports
• Ensure about the implementation of different software testing techniques to increase test coverage in both automation and manual testing.
• Understand the technical behavior of the system, architecture, software requirements with an aptitude to identify product defects in all phases of development.
• Lead development of solutions that have significant improvements of processes and test development with aptitude for continue improvement.
• Work with the Project Management Office to coordinate dry runs and formal verification activities as required
• Collaborate with technical engineering teams, mentor junior test engineers.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes. Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments. Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties . Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area. Analysis provided is indepth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements. Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors. Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision making.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product . Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.