Test Technician I (2nd Shift)
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
This company is engaged in medical technology. A new product development team for the Surgical Innovation business in the Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) Business Unit is seeking a Test Technician. The Test Technician shall support test activities to best meet the project’s requirements. This position will be a part of a R&D Instrumentation team for the Robotic-Assisted Surgery platform.
• Support team by executing verification testing on test fixtures.
• Communicate test related activities and results with team members.
• Perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility.
• Provide input to engineers to assist in the development of test protocols and prototype builds.
• Perform mechanical and electrical testing to evaluate new and existing products.
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific or equivalent background is recommended.
• Solid understanding of technician fundamentals and proven hands-on mechanical skills.
• Familiarity with standard test equipment such as force gauges, calipers, and data loggers is preferred.
• Experience with working in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to perform as a contributing member of cross functional teams, including quality, electronic, and mechanical engineers.
• Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Excel and Word.
• Organize and be able to prioritize workload, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Strong communication skills [oral and written] including listening; and ability to maintain clear project status and interlocks with internal project teams and external test agencies.
•Strong interpersonal skills: function as a “team player” and work constructively and cooperatively with all team members in the best interests of the program.
•Strong understanding of basic statistical analysis.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.